New Year walking on Menorca
About our New Year walking holiday on Menorca
If the Christmas break goes on a bit too much for you in the UK, why not join us for a week over the New Year period on Menorca. We stay at a typical village hotel in the middle of the island, enjoy beautiful Mediterranean winter walks and partake of fantastic food and wine. We even join the locals on New Year’s Eve for a grand supper, with music and dancing. Highlights of the holiday include beautiful deserted beaches and coves, early spring flowers and a chance to enjoy the non-commercialised way that the locals celebrate the festive period.
The walking on Menorca during our New Year walking holiday is charming. At this time of year the beaches are empty, the countryside a lush green and the first spring flowers are beginning to emerge. Our New Year walks mostly take place along the coast, although we also enjoy a couple of inland walks during the week to appreciate the countryside and woodland scenery. All walks are up to 6 miles in distance and we walk to the pace of the slowest member of the group. We have 2 guides in attendance and also a backup vehicle, should anyone need a lift.
Our holiday base
Our New Year walking holiday guests stay at the family run, Hotel Loar in the typically Menorcan village of Ferreries. The hotel is right on the pedestrianised village square and amongst the village’s bars, shops and restaurants. The hotel itself has a bar and restaurant, which is where we take our breakfast each morning. We also eat here on a number of occasions during the week, including New Year’s Eve. Take a look at the hotel’s own website for more info.
Date for 2023
- To be confirmed once flights are announced - contact us to be added to the provisional list for this week.
Price: £1432 per person
- 7 nights bed and breakfast
- First night welcome supper
- Wonderful 3-course meals each walking day (with wine) - these will be a mixture of lunches and suppers - one of these being our grand New Year’s Eve supper
- Picnic or evening snack as required on walking days (depending on when main meal taken)
- 5 fully guided and backed up walks.
- All required transport, including free airport transfers.
- All tea, coffee and drinking water during walks.
- Use of walking sticks.
General Holiday Info
Please see General Holiday Info for more information about flights to the Balearics, weather, what to bring, etc.
We would love to hear from you with any queries or questions you may have or if you wish to enquire after availability or make a booking. Contact us now
Other holidays that may be of interest to you
Walking for singles on Menorca
Walking for couples on Menorca
View a complete list of our walking, painting and activity holidays.